I have this blog and it just sits here and that makes me sad. But ever since I started writing again (fiction) I literally haven’t had the time to post anything. But it’s 2015 and one of my (many!) goals for this year is to blow the dust off of this thing and update it. At least once a month. Which seems so insignificant considering how often I used to blog, but whatever. Maybe I’ll make it once a week once I’m back into the habit of it. But I wanted to set something realistic–and considering that I’m planning to release five books this year, getting a personal blog post up every 30 days or so seems almost like a lot, ha.
Mostly, I want to post about Kiernan. Because aside from back when I kind of wanted to work toward monetizing this space, that’s really why I started blogging in the first place. To keep a memory log. For Kiernan. For my life. For things I didn’t want to forget… So I’m going back to that.
And for starters, here’s a Kiernan update!
She’s 19 months old, and:
- she can count to ten (when she feels like it) (and 90% of the time she leaves out a few numbers, particularly two and/or three, and/or four)
- she can point out and name almost every letter of the alphabet (when she feels like it)
- she can count two objects (“one bracelet, two bracelet… one shoe, two shoe…)
- she can sing the first three to five letters of the alphabet
- she absolutely loves the moon–and has pretty much since she first discovered what it was
- she giggles when she farts (toot-toot!)
- she uses her crib like a trampoline–and is really good at jumping even on the floor
- she loves bracelets, just like her mama
- she was not at all interested in her wrapped Christmas gifts over Christmas. She also got really sick (high fevers and just miserable) Christmas night–and that lasted four days. Those things could maybe be related?
- her favorite animals are “hops” (bunnies) and turtles
- she loves anything electronic, which I know is something she shouldn’t be exposed to yet, but oh well
- she loves to laugh
- she loves to say no
- she has days where she’ll eat whatever we set in front of her, but most of the time she’s becoming a pickier and pickier eater
- she enjoys books and loves watching tv (boo, I know, but sometimes I’ve got to write during the day and she gets to watch a couple educational shows)
- she’s finally starting to have moments where she just wants her daddy, which is both kind of sad for me and also kind of a relief because for a year and a half it was always me
- she loves being outside, definitely when she gets to play on swings or slides, but just being outside in general is one of her most favorite things. In fact, her first full out tantrum happened when I tried to bring her inside and take her jacket off a few weeks ago. She went straight to her back on the floor and cried hysterically. (I was a really nice mama and took a moment to snap a picture…)
- She loves splashing water in the tub and laughs her ass off when Nelson throws her fish toys in the air, yelling “fish attack” before they hit the water
She’s my favorite person in the entire world.
And another goal for this year is to get back into taking pictures on my nicer camera because all I have from the past six months or so are IG shots. Like this one from a few days ago. (She’s still cute!) (Even with a fever!)
Anyway, happy new year!